A converted farm building, Torfield is a luxurious 5 star, two bedroom cottage that sleeps 4 and is our most spacious cottage. It works fantastically well for families or friends.
Set in the heart of the Dartmoor National Park on an idyllic 32 acre farm with fantastic, modern facilities Torfield provides something for everyone. Designed with guest comfort in mind the cottage has been lovingly furnished and equipped to provide a stylish home from home ensuring a great holiday for our guests, many of whom return year after year.
With a warm and cozy living room, fully equipped kitchen diner and luxurious bedrooms Torfield provides the perfect space to make the most of the beautiful surroundings and facilities on offer as well as the perfect base to explore everything the local area has to offer.
- Electricity, bed linen, cottage and swimming towels are all included.
- Initial logs for wood burner are provided
- Welcome hamper of a Devon cream tea and local cider and apple juice provided.
- Private patio area with picnic table seating and brick built bbq
- Utility space/shower room with washer/dryer
At A Glance
Living Room, Kitchen and dining space
A luxurious and comfortable living room with comfy sofas, cushions and throws together with a welcoming wood burning stove provide the perfect warm and cosy relaxation space. A SMART TV/DVD player (with freeview) and a dockable/bluetooth music player complete the space providing the perfect spot for a good movie or reading your favourite book .
The kitchen/diner is a sociable space leading directly out to the private patio area. The kitchen is fully fitted with fridge, dishwasher, microwave, induction hob and oven all conveniently located next to the dining area. The kitchen is well stocked ensuring you can cater for your group with ease. Additional items such as blenders and cake tins can be provided on request to satisfy all chefs.
High chairs, fire guards and stair gates can be provided on request making this the perfect family home from home.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
The immaculate Master bedroom is beautifully furnished with a kingsize bed and luxurious linens to ensure a great nights sleep. Velux windows enable star gazing at night and are fitted with blackout blinds when it’s time to rest. Fluffy towels, hairdryer and additional blankets are all provided.
The second bedroom provides twin beds with the option of a combining the twin beds to make an additional double room. Comfortable mattresses, luxury linens and fluffy towels complete the picture.
The family bathroom is a bright modern space equipped with a bath/shower, hand basin, bidet and toilet.
A second bathroom/utility room is located on the ground floor and benefits from a full size walk in shower cubicle. Complimentary minature toiletries are provided in both bathrooms
Cots and stairgates can be provided on request.
From the dining space french doors take you out into your patio area with your own wooden picnic table and brick built barbecue.
- There is a fabulous, modern shared games room with toys for the children, pool table, jukebox, air hockey, table football, Freeview TV, DVD player with a selection of DVDs and books.
- Shared 32-acre unspoilt natural and landscaped grounds with woodland.
- A fully equipped modern children’s play area.
- A beautiful, fully refurbished (2022) heated indoor swimming pool (9m x 3.8m, depth 1.2m, open 24/7).
- Bike store.
- Stone Circle with fire pit for the use of guests
- Arbour with stunning views over the moor towards Haytor and Hound Tor
- A private golf practice area
- Private parking for 2 cars.